Our Acratech GP Ballhead is uniquely designed to function as a ballhead, a Gimbal head, as well as a leveling base.
Our Acratech GP ballhead has all the benefits and features of our GV2 ballhead, including the ability to function as a gimbal head. It weighs only 1 lb (454g) and has a 2 3/8 (60mm) inch base diaminter. But what really sets the GP apart from all our other ballheads is that it is also designed to be used upside down, allowing the ball to be used as a leveling base for stitched panoramic images. Even when using your tripod on rocky, uneven terrain the GP Ballhead allows you to pan parallel to the horizon, eliminating the need to carry a separate leveling base to create accurate panoramic images.
This ballhead includes a quick release clamp with either our double speed rubber knob or our new locking lever. It also includes a large bulls eye level and detent pin.
Dont forget to view our Products Comparisons Page!
- Works as a gimbal head with lenses up to 400 f4.0
- Works like it has a built in leveling base for single row panoramics
- Lever Clamp is easily adjusted to fit all Arca-Swiss compatible QR plate
- Weighs 1 lb (454grams) with quick release clamp
- Easily holds over 25 lbs (11.4kg) at any angle
- Full movements allow any camera position
- Precision C.N.C. machined
- Compatible with Kirk, Arca, and many other QR plates
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads)
- Lazer Engraved dual degree markings
- Solid precision feel
- Beautiful satin black anodized finish
- Long lasting stainless steel hardware
- All knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off
- Oilless and greaseless ball will not attract or hold dirt and debris