Telephoto Lens Support
The Acratech Long Lens Head is designed as a telephoto lens support system capable of providing rock solid anchoring for even super telephoto lenses, such as a 600mm f/4 lens. The long lens support system boasts the same freedom of movement, and light weight of the rest of our product line. Although our Long Lens Head is designed primarily for long telephoto lenses with tripod collars, it is also available with an index able clamp* that will allow it to be used with camera lenses that do not have a tripod collar. When the Long Lens Head is used with the camera body attached directly to the head, almost all standard camera positions are accessible (please see our video instruction manual for more information about this). This long lens support system should not be considered as a replacement for a general purpose ballhead, but it does allow the photographer who primarily shoots with telephoto lenses to not be required to carry a second tripod head into the field for occasional shots with standard lenses.
- Will solidly support 600mm f/4.0 lenses
- Eliminates the need to carry a large, heavy gimbal head
- Provides easy, smooth balance for long lenses
- Weighs less than 1 lb (.45kg) with quick release clamp
- Large 18mm (.708”) bulls-eye level
- Fully adjustable tension control
- Precision C.N.C. machined
- Compatible with Kirk, Arca, and many other QR plates
- Beautiful satin black anodized finish
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads)
- Engraved degree markings
- Solid precision feel
- All knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off
- Available with an Index able clamp that eliminates the need to carry a second tripod head for camera bodies without lens tripod collars
*Our Index able clamp features a knob below the clamp which allows the clamp to rotate and lock into different positions verses the non-index able clamp which actually does index, but will requires an Allen wrench (included) to do so.
** Camera quick release plates sold separately. Find your camera plate.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent product. Precise and fast to use. When leveled once at a tripod stand all my subsequent landscape pictures from that stand become correctly leveled. Saves a lot of time for me. It suprises me, even so lightweighted, what amount of wind this head can withstand. I am now using this head for all my landscape photography (all focal lenghts).
I've been using Acratech ballheads since 2003. I started with the Ultimate and am now replacing the GV2 (2008) with the long lens head. I went with them originally for the light weight and unique non-jamming ball-head. Both old heads are still going strong on secondary tripods. The quality of their products cannot be beat. The new long lens head is mounted on an Acratech leveling base. (On a RRS TVC-24 tripod.) I tired of having to re-level my camera every time I tweaked a composition, an issue with any ball-head. Now I can easily level the base once and independently adjust the other two axes. This new setup is also great for panoramas, which I shoot quite often in conjunction with an Acratech nodal rail.