Our large diameter leveling base has the same base diameter bottom 2.375” (60mm) as our other leveling bases. The diameter of the top is 2.90 (74mm). It will work well with many of the other manufacturers larger ballheads and video heads.
- Weighs 5/8 lb (.27kg)
- Easily holds over 25 lbs. (11.4 kg)
- Allows 10 degrees of movement in any direction
- Precision C.N.C. machined
- Beautiful satin black anodized finish
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 threads)
- Fits all standard 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 tripod heads
- Solid precision feel
- Ball will not shift once tightened
- Oilless and greaseless ball will not attract or hold dirt and debris
- Smooth knob action for easy and secure positioning
- Precision bulls eye level for accurate positioning
- All knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off
- Low profile design, only 1.80” tall (not including stud)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you are looking at products from Acratech or similarly priced tripod head manufacturers, you are looking for well crafted high end product, a product that not only works as intended but feels and looks good. This is the case with this product, it is easy to adjust, secured when locked, feels solid. Fits my RRS 50 ball head perfectly. Thank you!
I purchased this large leveling base to use with my RRS TFC-34 MKII Tripod and the Acratech Panoramic Head (1165). It attaches easily to my tripod and the Acratech Panoramic Head easily screws into the top of this large leveling base. It is easy to use. You adjust the large knob bringing the bubble into the center of the bullseye. Once you have done that you are finished screwing around and can concentrate on taking photos both landscape and portrait modes. This is a great solution for folks that have tripods without a bowl-style configuration. I like the large leveling base since it sticks out further and is easy to see. I have read that the large leveling base is the one to get if you ever plan on mounting a star tracker because the bullseye level is not obscured by the tracker. It does add some height to your setup so using metallic paint I painted stripes on the tripod legs so I could easily extend my tripod legs to the correct height for my eyes with this setup.